2013 Finish Line Frenzy
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The 2013 Finish Line Frenzy contest will begin on February 24, 2013 and end on November 17, 2013 at 5:00pm Central time. The game will include 37 NASCAR races.
- To participate in the contest, you may enter via the following method(s): Each week, log on to fox10tv.com and click the Finish Line Frenzy link to play. Complete the online registration. For each race, pick the drivers you think will finish in 1st through 10th place for the race in order. Picks must be submitted at least 15 minutes before the race is scheduled to start. SCORING: Entrants will be awarded points depending on how the driver’s they select finish the race. 1st place is worth 150 points, 2nd place is worth 125 points, 3rd place is worth 100 points, 4th place is worth 80 points, 5th place is worth 78 points, with the number of points being reduced by 2 points for each subsequent place from 6th place (76 points ) to 43rd place (2 points). Drivers who finish in 44th place and beyond will not receive any points. The total points for the ten drivers you selected for the race becomes the Team Score. There is a 25 point bonus for each driver that comes in the exact place you picked the driver to finish, e.g., if you picked a driver to finish in 2nd place and the driver finishes in 2nd place, you will receive a 25 point bonus to the Team Score.
Total Score for the Contest will be the combined score of all eligible races during contest dates.
- One entry per person.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The contest is open to all WALA/WFNA viewers who are 18 years of age or older and who legally reside Mobile/Pensacola viewing area. Employees WALA/WFNA (the “Station”), its licensee, its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other television stations in the Mobile/Pensacola metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station contest, except that a person may win weekly prize, total points prize and/or grand prize.
- Winners must complete and sign a contest release form. Grand Prize and Total Points winners agree to complete and sign a federal W-9 for tax reporting.
- Weekly Prizes, Each of thirty-seven (37) weeks: One $50.00 gift card to Sonny’s Bar-B-Q restaurant. Prize value: $50.00. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
Grand Prize: One (1) Feast for 35 people at a local Sonny’s Bar-B-Q restaurant. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $350.00. Grand Prize Feast can only be redeemed at the 630 North Navy Boulevard and 6702 North 9th Avenue locations in Pensacola, Florida.
Overall Points Winner Prize: One (1) 51” PDP HDTV. Samsung Model No. PN51F4500AF. Approximate retail value of Overall Points Prize: $549.99.
- All prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within fifteen (15) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
- There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the contest are final.
- Weekly winners will be selected on the Monday following each race during the contest period during normal business hours. Winner will be notified by email within five business days of race. Total points winner and grand prize winners will be selected and notified by email within seven (7) business days after conclusion of contest. One (1) weekly winner will be chosen based on highest total points for each race. Each weekly winner will be included in a random drawing for the Grand Prize. Total Points Winner will have the highest total contest score. Total score for the contest will be the combined points of all eligible races during contest. If there is a tie for the most points for a race, the tie breaker will be based first on which tied entrant had the most drivers picked in the correct place for the race. If there is still a tie, the entrant who picked the highest place correct will be declared the winner. If there is still a tie, the computer will randomly select a winner from the remaining entrants that are still tied after the first two tie-breakers. If there are ties for overall score, the entrant with the most points for the most recent race will be declared the winner. If there is a tie, the computer will continue comparing race points for the most recent previous races, one-by-one, until a winner is selected. If any entrants are tied for all the races, the computer will randomly select a winner from the entrants that are tied for all races.
- Chance of winning grand prize entry depend on total number of weekly winners.
- Winner need not be present to win.
- Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within fifteen (15) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen according to contest rules. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require contest winners (and their travel companions, if any) to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold the Station, its corporate licensee, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize. If a race is delayed or canceled, Finish Line Frenzy contest for that week may be canceled as well and prizing for that week may be eliminated for that week of the contest. If the NASCAR schedule changes or is canceled, the Station reserves the right to modify or cancel the contest without awarding any remaining prizes including grand prize and/or total points prize.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WALA/WFNA. 1501 Satchel Paige Drive. Mobile, AL 36606.
UPICKEM AUTO RACING CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
These Official Rules are for the UPICKEM AUTO RACING Contest (the "Contest"), which is a nationwide contest (including both the United States and Canada) Sponsored by Second Street Media Inc. ("Sponsor"). Local affiliates who choose to participate in this Contest may offer prizes for their participants only, but eligibility for those prizes may be restricted to individuals in the affiliate's local area.
Contest entries will be accepted beginning at 12:01 am ET on February 7, 2013. Entries will be accepted until the published start time for each race as posted on the picks page of this website.
This Contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 states of United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older, and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are of legal age of majority in their province of residence, at the time of entry. Local affiliates may restrict eligibility for affiliate prizes; eligibility for local affiliate prizes will be posted on the local affiliate's website. Employees of Sponsor and participating affiliates (the "Promotion Parties"), and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) and households of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win a prize. This contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO PLAY: For each race, pick the drivers you think will finish in 1st through 10th place for the race. Picks must be submitted 15 minutes before the race is scheduled to start. Entrants will be awarded points depending on how the driver's they select finish the race. 1st place is worth 150 points, 2nd place is worth 125 points, 3rd place is worth 100 points, 4th place is worth 80 points, 5th place is worth 78 points, with the number of points being reduced by 2 points for each subsequent place from 6th place (76 points ) to 43rd place (2 points). Drivers who finish in 44th place and beyond will not receive any points. The total points for the ten drivers you selected for the race becomes the Team Score. There is a 25 point bonus for each driver that comes in the exact place you picked the driver to finish, e.g., if you picked a driver to finish in 2nd place and the driver finishes in 2nd place, you will receive a 25 point bonus to the Team Score.
Your total score for the Contest will be the combined sum of your best 15 races.
If there is a tie for the most points for a race, the tie breaker will be based first on which tied entrant had the most drivers picked in the correct place for the race. If there is still a tie, the entrant who picked the highest place correct will be declared the winner. If there is still a tie, the computer will randomly select a winner from the remaining entrants that are still tied after the first two tie-breakers.
If there are ties for overall score, the entrant with the most points for the most recent race will be declared the winner. If there is a tie, the computer will continue comparing race points for the most recent previous races, one-by-one, until a winner is selected. If any entrant are tied for all the races, the computer will randomly select a winner from the entrants that are tied for all races.
Points are awarded for the drivers, not cars. If a entrant picks a driver who qualified for race and a new driver took his/her place before the start of the race, the entrant must pick the new driver. Entrants will not receive points even though the new driver may be racing the car of the driver that the entrant selected. And, if the new driver is not in the list of drivers that can be picked then no entrants shall have the ability to pick that driver.
Weekly winners are not posted until the official governing body for the race has released the official race results and any modifications to the finish order have been made. This can be anywhere from 24 to 48 hours after the conclusion of the race. Any modifications to the race results after the official race results are posted will not be considered.
Per race - One Sprint Cup themed Fathead of the winner's choosing will be provided to the winner (as specified above) by Fathead, LLC. The approximate retail value of the weekly prize is between $89 and $99.
Overall - The Grand Prize is a trip for two to the 2014 Daytona 500 valued at $4,200 provided by Second Street. Included are 4 days and 3 nights accommodations, two tickets (each) to the Friday, Saturday and Sunday races and $1,000 airfare voucher. The winner can choose to accept the $4,200 in cash.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email. All posted results are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest scoring participant. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his/her state of residence (a resident of AL or NE who is 18 years of age) will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
A participant grants to Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state/province or residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor and the local affiliates the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest; (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out- of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website's terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
7. WINNERS: For a list of national winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101, Attn: Auto Racing Contest Winners List. Requests must be received by Dec 15, 2013.
This contest is sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc., 317 N 11th Street, Suite 200, St. Louis, MO, 63101.
© 2013 Second Street Media, Inc.
UPICKEM is a trademark of Second Street Media, Inc. The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Contest website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.